LARCA CUSTOM MACHINING INC.
Current Job Opportunities!
Job title: CNC Machinist
Reports to: Vice President and Production Supervisors
Date Issued: March 23, 2021
Larca Custom Machining Inc. has been in business since 1987 and our focus is on precision CNC machining and fixtures. Due to the nature of our work, we are committed to cutting edge technology and continual improvement. The foundation of our success has been built on commitment to our customers and having a dynamic team who is committed to safety, quality workmanship, open communication and teamwork. We provide opportunity for learning and advancing skill set through low volume part runs with many setups.
We are adding to our team and are looking for enthusiastic, positive individuals with experience in a CNC Machinist role. We are looking to fill a day shift role working Monday to Friday in our climate-controlled facility.
- Under general supervision, responsible for setting up and producing quality parts manufactured on small and large Haas Vertical Mills, according to blueprints and diagrams. Responsibilities will include setting up tools and machines, loading work pieces, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, basic program creation, and inspection of parts to ensure they meet customer requirements. Detect equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, as required to ensure quality of production.
- Studies and interprets drawings, programs, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, and set up requirements.
- Computes dimensions and tolerances using mathematical reasoning.
- Review tool cutter paths and other program elements using Mastercam, send NC code.
- Identify, and prepare all tooling, work holding and measuring instruments.
- Touch-off tooling, indicate/edge find part and store offsets.
- Adjust speed and feed to suit cutting conditions.
- Simple edits of NC code at machine.
- Analyze deviations from specifications/tolerances and adjust offsets accordingly.
- Read and interpret CMM reports.
- Focus on continual improvement and cost reduction.
- May assist with training other production technicians.
- Machinist Trade Certification.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience operating CNC Milling machines.
- Experience with tight tolerance parts (.0005”).
- Experience with one off, custom precision parts.
- Ability to edit existing programs and test new ones.
- Intermediate knowledge in reading and interpreting blueprints and diagrams.
- Demonstrated solid communication skills required to interact with leads, supervisors and management; take direction on job assignments; seek clarification on job instructions; ask for help when problems arise; interact with other members of the team to share information, receive instructions and collaborate.
- Strong work ethic, problem solving skills, and positive team attitude.
- Ability to work independently to meet commitments to the team, as well as participate collaboratively with the team to establish the commitments.
- Lathe experience is an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Two shift options available
Salary: $25.00-$32.00 per hour